Australia's #1 for Law

Join 11,000+ Australians. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!

Dismiss Notice
Hi Guest, Want peace of mind with personalised legal advice today? Visit LawTap to find the right Australian lawyer and book online instantly.

QLD Getting Product Returned from the USA - What to Do?

Discussion in 'Commercial Law Forum' started by Ewan baker-gabb, 9 September 2015.

1. Ewan baker-gabb

I sent a product to the USA to try and get a license. After spending too much money, I asked for it to be returned, that was 5 months ago.

Every time I ring and manage to get through, all I get is "someone will look into it". Can I report it to the their local law enforcement and see if they are able to help? All I want is the product back as it has the possibility of being worth a lot of money.

Any suggestions like information under Commercial Law would be a great help.

2. Sophea

Sophea Well-Known Member

Hi Ewan,

I doubt that the local law enforcement authorities will be very interested, as this is more of a civil matter. However, there is nothing stopping you from filing an application in a US court, so you could threaten them with that??

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...