Australia's #1 for Law

Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!

QLD Getting Children's Father to Keep HIs Promise under Family Law?

Discussion in 'Family Law Forum' started by Janinemann, 6 October 2015.

  1. Janinemann

    Janinemann Member

    6 October 2015
    Likes Received:
    Hi, around 9 years ago i separated from my children's father .... we had a property settlement agreement that we would take 40% each of our assets and when the family home was sold our children would get 10%each of the sale price .... He has sold the property and has not given my children the promised amount.

    I have no documents signed as i thought he would hold up his end .... Is there anything that i can do under Family Law to get him to surrender the money to our children?
  2. IsobelB

    IsobelB Active Member

    5 October 2015
    Likes Received:
    Hi Janine,

    What kind of agreement did you come to if neither of you signed any paper work? The main types of enforceable property settlement agreements are binding financial agreements and consent orders, both of which require both parties to sign.

    You may need to contact a lawyer for help here. The following link will take you to a page that will help connect you to the right lawyer for you.
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...

Share This Page