QLD Family Law - Breach of Family Court Orders?

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

Princess84

5 September 2015
Hey everyone, I really need some help, please.

Me and my ex have family court orders for our kids. In the court orders it states we both need to update each other on new phone numbers and addresses within 72hours. My ex has been living in his new place for the last month and still has not updated me not sure what to do or if I have a leg to stand on under Family Law?

Also with their last visit with there father, my 3 year son has come back saying that his father and his new girlfriend took there clothes off and they were being rude now. How the hell does a 3 year old boy know about that when he has never been exposed to that when he is in my care.

I am very concerned and

S

Sophea

Hi Princess84,

If your ex has failed to adhere to a family court order, he is in breach of the orders and you can apply to the court to have them enforced. However, obviously this is not a big issue and may not be worth the costs involved in enforcing. I am guessing that it is now resolved and you are aware of his new contact details. Keep a record of this, as small contraventions of orders may be taken into account by the court at a later time if other matters need to be determined.

As regards your son's allegations, I guess my first step would be to discuss this with your ex and see if you can come to some logical conclusion as to what caused him to say what he did, before you take any more serious action.

Princess84

5 September 2015
Hi Princess84,

If your ex has failed to adhere to a family court order, he is in breach of the orders and you can apply to the court to have them enforced. However, obviously this is not a big issue and may not be worth the costs involved in enforcing. I am guessing that it is now resolved and you are aware of his new contact details. Keep a record of this, as small contraventions of orders may be taken into account by the court at a later time if other matters need to be determined.

As regards your son's allegations, I guess my first step would be to discuss this with your ex and see if you can come to some logical conclusion as to what caused him to say what he did, before you take any more serious action.
Hi Princess84,

Hey,
Thanks so much for your reply to this point. I am still unaware of his new address details. And I have tried to msg and talk to him over the phone but he refuses to speak about it which makes things difficult.

Last edited by a moderator: