ACT Family Court Trial - Self Representing and Cross Examination

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

Curious 65

25 May 2015
When you are self representing and cross examining a witness in a family court trial, is it only what has been introduced by them in Affidavit and by questions asked by their Barrister that you can address?

Or can you also ask questions about what is in your Affidavit and your responses to their Affidavit?

okanynameyouwishthen

12 February 2015
Austral
When you are self representing and cross examining witnesses in a family court trial, is it only what has been introduced by them in Affidavit and by questions asked by their Barrister that you can address?

Or can you also ask questions about what is in your Affidavit and your responses to their Affidavit?

Could be wrong ( it's family law & i'm male after all ) but i believe you can canvas any of them. I mean if you have claims against other party that you have raised in your affidavits if they chose to respond but ignore those certain topics....classing them as unbroachable because they ignore them & thus are not introduced by them.....doesn't seem right.
After all, isn't the end result of the whole theaterical performance about leading them to divulge stuff that bolsters your cred. & suitability whilst diminishing their own ?
ok

Reactions: Curious 65