WA Family Court Orders - Moving Interstate with Children but Can't Find Ex

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

dinky

11 October 2015
I have sole custody of children and am looking into moving out of the state. In the family court orders, it obviously says that I can't do this but I do not know where my ex is. The children have no contact with him. They have not seen him for nearly 4 years. They occasionally get an Christmas card halfway through the year.

I was just wondering if anyone has been in this situation?

AllForHer

23 July 2014
If the court order says you're not to relocate, you will need to get the order varied by the court to do so. This will require an initiating application for a variation to the existing parenting order. As always, the first step is to attempt a family dispute resolution conference with the other parent as part of mandatory pre-procedure, but the service you use should attempt to contact your ex on your behalf.

dinky

11 October 2015
If the court order says you're not to relocate, you will need to get the order varied by the court to do so. This will require an initiating application for a variation to the existing parenting order. As always, the first step is to attempt a family dispute resolution conference with the other parent as part of mandatory pre-procedure, but the service you use should attempt to contact your ex on your behalf.
Ok thanks