NSW Family Court - How to Change Supervisors on Interim Parenting Orders?

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

Wombo

23 September 2015
My ex-partner agreed to my offer of interim parenting orders while we were at family court last week. I would like to change the supervisors I picked. What do I do under Family Law?

AllForHer

23 July 2014
You can write to your ex's solicitor and request a change to the nominated supervisor, but of course, they are within their rights to refuse, in which case, you may simply have to tolerate it until the next mention.

Remember, you can parent in any way you choose provided the parties can agree about it, so agreement is preferred to court proceedings.

JS79

2 October 2015
Perth
Hi Wombo,

I agree with AllForHer. Try and mediate with your ex partner/ex partner's solicitor by letting them know you would like to change the supervisors supervising the access.

As the court orders have just been made, there is a chance that he would refute you changing the supervisors and you would have to look at having further mediation for that change to be made before applying to the courts to have that done.

Good luck.

sammy01

27 September 2015
So only after one week you want to be able to demand a change in supervisors. I expect that a magistrate would see this as you being difficult. It doesn't look good to refuse the child access because you no longer agree with the nominated supervisor.

Out of interest, on what grounds have you changed your mind? If I were your ex I would not agree to your request unless the alternative suited better.