Australia's #1 for Law

Join 11,000+ Australians. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!

NSW Family Court - How to Change Supervisors on Interim Parenting Orders?

Discussion in 'Family Law Forum' started by Wombo, 20 October 2015.

  1. Wombo

    Wombo Member

    23 September 2015
    Likes Received:
    My ex-partner agreed to my offer of interim parenting orders while we were at family court last week. I would like to change the supervisors I picked. What do I do under Family Law?
  2. AllForHer

    AllForHer Well-Known Member

    23 July 2014
    Likes Received:
    You can write to your ex's solicitor and request a change to the nominated supervisor, but of course, they are within their rights to refuse, in which case, you may simply have to tolerate it until the next mention.

    Remember, you can parent in any way you choose provided the parties can agree about it, so agreement is preferred to court proceedings.
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. JS79

    JS79 Well-Known Member

    2 October 2015
    Likes Received:
    Hi Wombo,

    I agree with AllForHer. Try and mediate with your ex partner/ex partner's solicitor by letting them know you would like to change the supervisors supervising the access.

    As the court orders have just been made, there is a chance that he would refute you changing the supervisors and you would have to look at having further mediation for that change to be made before applying to the courts to have that done.

    Good luck.
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. sammy01

    sammy01 Well-Known Member

    27 September 2015
    Likes Received:
    So only after one week you want to be able to demand a change in supervisors. I expect that a magistrate would see this as you being difficult. It doesn't look good to refuse the child access because you no longer agree with the nominated supervisor.

    Out of interest, on what grounds have you changed your mind? If I were your ex I would not agree to your request unless the alternative suited better.

Share This Page