Australia's #1 for Law

Join 11,000+ Australians. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!

NSW Executor of Will Intends to Steal Money Meant for Beneficiary?

Discussion in 'Wills and Estate Planning Law Forum' started by onyx, 23 March 2016.

1. onyx

onyx Well-Known Member

I am the only beneficiary left to be paid out. It is now 6 months since my cousin passed away, The other beneficiaries got their money earlier on. I did get a portion, but there is still approx. $60,000 to come to me.

The executor of will has told me in writing that in 2 weeks' time he is transferring the rest of the money in the estate to himself. He admits it is not legal but does not care. He is a gambler.

He has got rid of the solicitor.

1, I need to know who do I report him to? He does not take any notice of solicitors and is looking for a fight.

2. Do I go to the bank and tell them a fraud is about to happen, he will not send through any estate funds paperwork so I have no idea where the money is going?

Do I go to the police, he has already said in writing he has taken $10,000 out but I have no paperwork to prove it?

3..It is too late to have him taken off as Executor of will.

4. There is $60,000 left in the account that comes to me.

Please give me some options that I can act on.

Thank you

2. Sophea

Sophea Well-Known Member

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...