LawAnswers.com.au - Australia's #1 Legal Community

LawAnswers.com.au is a community of 10,000+ Australians, just like you, helping each other.
Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
Join us, it only takes a minute:

NSW Executor of Will Intends to Steal Money Meant for Beneficiary?

Discussion in 'Wills and Estate Planning Law Forum' started by onyx, 23 March 2016.

1. onyx

onyx Well-Known Member

I am the only beneficiary left to be paid out. It is now 6 months since my cousin passed away, The other beneficiaries got their money earlier on. I did get a portion, but there is still approx. $60,000 to come to me.

The executor of will has told me in writing that in 2 weeks' time he is transferring the rest of the money in the estate to himself. He admits it is not legal but does not care. He is a gambler.

He has got rid of the solicitor.

1, I need to know who do I report him to? He does not take any notice of solicitors and is looking for a fight.

2. Do I go to the bank and tell them a fraud is about to happen, he will not send through any estate funds paperwork so I have no idea where the money is going?

Do I go to the police, he has already said in writing he has taken $10,000 out but I have no paperwork to prove it?

3..It is too late to have him taken off as Executor of will.

4. There is $60,000 left in the account that comes to me.

Please give me some options that I can act on.

Thank you

2. Sophea

Sophea Well-Known Member

I would consult a solicitor to intervene on your behalf. Any action will involve making a court application.