QLD Will and Executor of Will - What can I Do as Beneficiary?

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

Keysha

7 November 2015
Mother has passed away, leaving a house to one of her sons and two grandchildren, and leaving one son out of the will. One of the grandchildren is made the executor of will. The will has been contested by the son who has been left out.

The executor of will appointed a solicitor, and the son appointed a solicitor who has contacted the executor's solicitor with demands. The executor of will has told the beneficiaries that the assets have been frozen.

How can a beneficiary find out if the executor of will is doing their job right. This has been going on for 3 years and the solicitor fees are eating into any inheritance. Is there anything I can do as a beneficiary?

James D. Ford - Solicitor

LawConnect (LawTap) Verified
Hi, all of the Beneficiaries could potentially reach a Settlement with the son who was left out of the Will.. Then the matter would be concluded..

Based on what you know.. is the son being reasonable with his Claim?

Have any settlement offers been made?

As it has been 3 years.. I assume this must not be the case.. The son is being totally unreasonable.. and that the matter has gone to Court to be resolved.. at what stage are the Legal proceedings?

Please advise.

Cheers