QLD Ex Took Car - Breach of DVO?

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

MartyK

4 June 2016
@Iamthelaw - whatever you have said about legal appropriation is likely right and I will not dispute it.

However, I'm not sure that this isn't a civil dispute? OP mentions his son in his initial post, which clearly indicates there are more issues than mentioned here. Should it follow that OP ends up in the Family Courts (for property settlement and/or parenting?), there would likely be more considered than just any action of 'theft' of the car on his ex's part.

Does mum have a vehicle or even the funds to get a vehicle to transport their child around? Is there a second vehicle dad can use or does dad have the funds to get another vehicle?

At the very least, what needs to be considered is what could be the implications for the OP in seeing his son (notwithstanding he could make an application to the Family Courts if needed), if he takes certain actions? Would this lead to the institution of proceedings for him in several courts?

Iamthelaw

13 September 2016
just stop paying the loan...
Really? I think the OP would prefer not to be listed.

There are probably various issues that would need to be resolved.

As mentioned earlier, at the very least I would seek an order prohibiting her from entering your home and taking your possessions. Beyond that I don't know much about your circumstances but if you wanted to see your son you may also apply for parenting orders.