QLD Serious breaches of a dvo

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

Leesa Craw

30 November 2019
I have an estranged daughter and I have a dvo and within a month of that order being in place she organised a violent home invasion at our house , I wasn’t home as my oldest daughter was there looking after her 3 siblings . They are all on the order. There where 3 masked men with bats as weapons , my daughter was assaulted and items phones and her dog (frenchie) was taken. The estranged daughters partner was charged with armed robbery with circumstances of aggravation, assault, stealing etc . It’s been in the court system for over 2 years and he has finally pleaded guilty and due for sentencing next month .. Now police have finally charged her with the breaches of dvo for it plus other breaches like constantly driving past our house , harrassment etc . The police just said multiple breaches of dv. I just want to know will she get jail for this ? Police have already said her partner will get jail , so if she gets jail also there are 3 little kids that will probably be put in care .

Scruff

25 July 2018
NSW
Noone here can answer that. Without knowing what the charges are, we don't know if imprisonment is even a possibility. She hasn't been found guilty of anything yet and sentencing is determined by the court, so for anyone here to provide opinion on whether she would be imprisoned or not would be reckless. In short, we can't predict what will happen - even if we did know what the charges were.

Leesa Craw

30 November 2019
The charges are breach of a domestic violence order .Multiples of the same charge. Let’s assume that she is found guilty. I know the evidence the police have and on top of that we where told that if her partner pleaded guilty or was found guilty of the home invasion it is deemed to of happened . The dv order like any other dv order states she is not to contact, harrass , assault, come near etc any person on that order or get anyone else to do it . Quite clearly this is her partner that’s just pleaded guilty . DPP are deciding what charges she will get for the actual home invasion , based on the evidence they have but the cib have already given her the breaches of dv and she is before court for that .