NSW Ex moving - long commute for kids

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

Morton1111

8 September 2019
I recently signed consent orders with my ex concerning our two children who are 11 and 14 (we are not on good terms). We are sharing parenting on a 50/50 basis and this was going quite well. Now the kids tell me that my ex has moved in with his girlfriend and they are living with her - the problem is that she lives a good 45 minute drive away and they have to catch a bus and two trains to get to and from school, which is over two hours of commuting for them each day - alone. Obviously this presents issues and not what I agreed to and my youngest tells me he missed sport training last week because it was after school and too far to travel for their father.
Is is allowed to do this? I have deliberately stayed close to their schools and would prefer they live with me on school days that do this commute and happy if they spend every second weekend with their father instead of this arrangement. I will talk to him about this but he is not interested in what's best for the children, just what's best for him so I don't expect to get anywhere.