QLD Enforcement of court order

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

Shapely

22 December 2016
Hello
Can anyone please advise the process for having a property split enforced?
The court has stamped and sealed the document but other party is refusing to sign the house over.

Id rather do it myself than engage my lawyer again but any advice here is appreciated

Rod

Lawyer
LawConnect (LawTap) Verified
27 May 2014
www.hutchinsonlegal.com.au
Partly depends on the wording of the orders.

Can you just submit a title change to the titles office with the court orders attached?

Shapely

22 December 2016
Partly depends on the wording of the orders.

Can you just submit a title change to the titles office with the court orders attached?

Wording is fairly straight forward, party must sign all documents to sign their intetest in the property over. The issue is not even the land transfer yet, its the mortgage discharge so it can be refinanced into my name.
There is a cash payment to be made to the other party once this is done.
They are doing it out of spite.

Shapely

22 December 2016
So looks like I will have to apply for contravention.
Does anyone know do I have to fill in the affadavit for not going to dispute resolution? This is just enforcing the final part of a property order, and nothing to do with kids, the form doesnt seem applicable.

Also can I serve on his lawyer? I dont have an address for him, but I read that the lawyer has to agree in writing to accept the application (which I cant see happening)