- Australia's #1 Legal Community is a community of 10,000+ Australians, just like you, helping each other.
Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
Join us, it only takes a minute:

WA Employment Law - Wife's Employer Failed to Pay Holiday Pay - Thoughts?

Discussion in 'Employment Law Forum' started by mgr2000, 3 December 2015.

Find a Lawyer Form
Find a Lawyer Form
Find a Lawyer Form
  1. mgr2000

    mgr2000 Member

    5 October 2015
    Likes Received:
    My wife’s former employer has deposit today $280 into my bank account by error.

    I usually would return it back straight away, however this company still has not paid my wife’s holiday pay (around $2k). The employer never replied to any of our emails in regards to the outstanding.

    Any suggestions regarding Employment Law?
  2. JS79

    JS79 Well-Known Member

    2 October 2015
    Likes Received:
    Go to the magistrates court as the applicant and try and get the money back from the employer.
  3. Therese

    Therese Well-Known Member

    11 October 2015
    Likes Received:
    Hi mgr2000,

    They have not contacted you in regards to the wrongly transferred money?

    I would suggest getting legal advice in regards to the holiday pay that has not been paid out. See Get Connected with the Right Lawyer for You.

    If they have not responded to your emails then engaging a legal professional will demonstrate you are serious.
    Let the lawyer know that you were transferred some money by error and see what they suggest.

    You may even wish to contact FairWork Australia.

Share This Page