Australia's #1 for Law

Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!

NSW Employment Law - Am I Entitled to Pay in Lieu of Notice?

Discussion in 'Employment Law Forum' started by Harry the Greek, 6 November 2015.

  1. Harry the Greek

    6 November 2015
    Likes Received:
    I currently work at a University, and have decided to hand in my notice during the probationary period. I've been in the current position for six months, and wish to leave at the end of the six month period of notice that I have given (stated in the contract).

    The University wishes me to depart immediately, am I therefore entitled to pay in lieu of notice, or can I just be told to leave immediately under Employment Law?

    Thank you very much
  2. Sophea

    Sophea Guest

  3. Serge Gorval

    Serge Gorval Well-Known Member
    LawTap Verified Lawyer

    2 November 2015
    Likes Received:
    If you are able to work out the notice, however the employer does not wish for you to physically attend and work it out, they must pay you out in lieu.

    If you're a national system employee, your NES notice is 1 week unless contract provides for additional notice. Nonetheless you need to be paid if not worked out.
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...

Share This Page