NSW Driving unregistered whilst on a good behaviour bond

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

Philly2020

27 April 2018
Hi, can someone please tell me if getting caught driving an unregistered vehicle whilst on a good behaviour bond, considered a breach of that bond?

Adam1user

5 January 2018
Depending on why the bond was given, it would be a breach. But I think I could be wrong.

sammy01

27 September 2015
Breach of bond? maybe...
But - even if it is not, the fact that you're on a bond is reason for the magistrate to throw the book at you for the driving unregistered because you're demonstrating that you think you're above the law. Register your car, or walk... BTW with cameras mounted on police cars these days your chances of getting away with unregistered driving are not great. As far as stupid crimes to commit, driving unregistered is well and truly high up on the list..

Look I'm no saint - 20 yrs ago, I drove around unregistred for a few weeks. I was young, and poor and didn't have the $$$. But the fact is these days with the technology the cops have, you're gonna get caught. NOT IF, or MAYBE - YOU WILL.