Australia's #1 for Law

Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!

VIC Do I Have Any Grounds to Sue Franchise?

Discussion in 'Australian Consumer Law Forum' started by Johnathon Cuttbert, 9 August 2016.

Tags:
  1. Johnathon Cuttbert

Hi,

I have been in Australia for 8 years and currently a citizen. I have been a professional cleaning at the likes of Cafe, Schools, etc.

My Issue:

One of my cafe jobs didn't pay me for 3 Months, so I went to VCAT, which stood by me and finally I got paid. I got the cleaning contract from a cleaning franchise, and I am a Franchisee as well.

Now the reason why I want to sue the Franchise is because when I didn't get paid for three months, I called the main office and they told me to wait until Wednesday and to stop cleaning if I don't get paid. So I didn't get paid and I stopped cleaning.

The very next day, the franchise put another cleaner at the job even though the reason I stopped cleaning was because the employer wasn't paying me.

How this franchise works is you pay them a certain amount and then they gave you a specific amount of work. I paid $12,000 to get this $2,000 cleaning job at this cafe 3 years. ago. What I think they have done is remove me from the equation and then sold the same contract to another franchisee.

Do I have any grounds to sue them?

Thank you for all your suggestions.

2. Rod

Rod Well-Known Member

Quite likely. Recommend you see a solicitor as they will need to read the agreements and ascertain exact dates and look at standard business practices in order to give accurate advice.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...