Australia's #1 for Law

Join 11,000+ Australians. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!

Dismiss Notice
Hi Guest, Want peace of mind with personalised legal advice today? Visit LawTap to find the right Australian lawyer and book online instantly.

Divorce and Immigration Law - Visiting My Son in Australia?

Discussion in 'Immigration Law Forum' started by Anil, 8 December 2015.

  1. Anil

    Anil Member

    8 December 2015
    Likes Received:
    My wife and I are now going through a divorce, and we have a 5-year-old son. After getting a divorce, my wife wants to go Australia to complete her higher education. She wants to take my son with her. Since I can't look after my son alone, I also agreed with my wife.

    My problem is, when my son goes to Australia with his Mom, can I go to Australia for a short visit to see him under Immigration Law? I am a Graphic Designer and living in Sri Lanka.
  2. Therese

    Therese Well-Known Member

    11 October 2015
    Likes Received:
    Hi Anil,

    Depending on how often and how long you wish to visit Australia will determine which Visa you could apply for.

    It is my understanding that the Visitor Visa is a common one which your circumstances would suit, see Visitor visa (subclass 600).

    I would suggest contacting an migration agent to get a second opinion and ask about the application process.
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...

Share This Page