WA Dispute with Swimming School Fees - What to Do?

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

curious82

14 October 2016
Hi,

I have a receipt from my local swimming school that says my child's last paid lesson will be on the 19th of October, but their computer says the last paid lesson was the 12th of October. This is the 5th dispute I have had with them regarding the payment of fees (always the same thing, their computer is different to my receipts).

The last time this happened, one of the receptionists actually changed my receipt to match their records. My question is, should they honour my receipts or not? If they don't honour the current receipt, what do I do under Australian Consumer Law?

They have already made me pay for the lesson on the 19th of October again but there is doubt as to whether the manager will extend my payment by a week and honour my receipt.

Thanks for the help!

Iamthelaw

13 September 2016
If you have paid for lessons until the 19th October and have proof of this, I'm not seeing their argument?

Lance

31 October 2015
The question is:

Is the receipt a true reflection of payments up to and including the 19th of October or is the computer record correct for the amount paid per lesson up to and including the 12th of October. Which ever it is, the receipt should be a true statement of the amount paid and it should be easy to reason that you have paid for a set amount of lessons.