Australia's #1 for Law

Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!

QLD Deceased Estate Managed by Public Trustee - How to Change It?

Discussion in 'Wills and Estate Planning Law Forum' started by Emi, 31 August 2015.

  1. Emi

    Emi Member

    31 August 2015
    Likes Received:

    My 8 years old son's father passed away in February 2014. The deceased estate was left for my son, who will be able to access it when he turn 18 and is currently managed by the QLD Public Trustee.

    I have been informed that funds can be requested for education, medical, etc. It has been more than a year of no replies to phone messages, emails and paper work and I still see no signs of any financial support. My son's uncle is the executor of will and I am the guardian.

    How do I change the manager of the funds and is it possible? If it is, who do I change it to? What specialist lawyer do I have to seek?

    Thank you!
  2. AdValorem

    AdValorem Well-Known Member

    20 August 2015
    Likes Received:
    Hi Emi
    Take another look at the will. Who was appointed as the trustee? Often the same person is appointed as an executor and trustee. Is there anything in the will about the Public Trustee being appointed as the trustee of the trust for your son?
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...

Share This Page