QLD Dates on Lease are Wrong - Is It Considered Void?

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

Nerd

22 December 2015
So, there's a lot to this story, but I want to keep it short, so I'll only refer to details which are relevant.

I ended my lease agreement in October 2015, during the time we have been in dispute about some things in regards to renovations done to the room which is a question for a different thread.

Recently, while looking at my lease renewal agreement, I found 2 mistakes relating to how long the agreement was for.

* Lease Period: 13 months
* Lease dates: 21/12/2014 - 20/01/2015

To me, this feels like a huge mistake and the lease renewal should be considered voidable. Is this enough? I do feel the estate agent was trying to force a month extra onto the agreement which I hadn't noticed upon signing.

Now, I had signed an end of lease agreement, but I'm up in the air if that should be considered voidable too because the dates don't match (20/01/2016 on it).

I would appreciate some sources and information on this.

Thank you for reading.

Nerd

22 December 2015
I have been in dispute with my estate agent over renovations done after I had moved out.

My agreement had ended on the 20th October 2015, though I still need to pay compensation for each week of rent.

I was informed by my former housemate that renovations had begun. I came over a couple days later and got photos of my former room with carpet torn up, and walls half painted. This extends to the common areas.

I scoured the internet for cases like this, but only found sources which related to other states, whereas during renovations the ex-tenant doesn't need to pay compensation for the time the renovations are going. But I've not been able to find sources with Queensland.

I had raised a dispute with the RTA, but they "closed your dispute resolution request, as there are no grounds for a dispute until a claim on the rental bond is made." And gave me a form 4. I do intend to do this once I get back home after Christmas. Will my claim still be valid even after the end of tenancy agreement ends?

If I've missed anything you think is important, please ask.

Thank you, I appreciate your time reading.