WA Dad's Contact with Child - Mum in WA, Dad in NZ

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

Meg Weston

10 February 2015
My son and his wife of are separated and they have a four year old daughter (separation). They are NZ citizens but have been living in Perth since they were married.

The mother and child are still in Perth but my son has just come back to NZ to have family support while undergoing counselling for PTSD and Depression. He wants to still have regular contact with his daughter as do we as her grandparents. She has been refusing any contact what-so-ever since Christmas time when they had a falling out and appears to be unwilling to come to an agreement with him regarding this.

We feel it is in the best interest of our granddaughter to have regular contact via phone and/or Skype with her dad during this time. As they reside in Australia, what can we do? And where do we start?

Amanda E

Well-Known Member
9 April 2014