Australia's #1 for Law

Join 11,000+ Australians. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!

Dismiss Notice
Hi Guest, Want peace of mind with personalised legal advice today? Visit LawTap to find the right Australian lawyer and book online instantly.

Custody of Children - Rights of a Mother under Family Law?

Discussion in 'Family Law Forum' started by Samz, 29 June 2014.

1. Samz

Samz Member

If a person was in a relationship and then separated and they had a child together, what are my rights as a mother under family law when my ex partner refuses to allow me to see my child? How do I get him back in my care (custody of children)? Ex partner had the child or weekend and refused to let me have him back.

2. Samz

Samz Member

What are my rights as a mother when my ex partner refuses to allow me to see my child , how to I get him back in my care , ex partner had child or weekend and refused to let me have him back,

3. rebeccag

rebeccag Well-Known Member

G'day Samz,
    Do you have any court orders in place about the parenting arrangements for your child?
    How old is your child? (Is s/he old enough to have an opinion about who they spend time with?)
    Which state/territory are you based in?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. Samz

Samz Member

No court orders in place and I don't really have much support my son is only 3yrs old, my ex has both his parents supporting him financially and stop me from seeing him or letting me have him , I just want to know how I can get him back but my ex parents don't like me and I can't go to where my son is because its my ex parents home.im based in Qld

5. rebeccag

rebeccag Well-Known Member

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...