NSW Crossvesting, abuse of process

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

whenwillthisend

6 June 2017
Hello again

The Ex has been dragging the court process, nearly two years now. Would not agree for a final date and always threatens to take the matter from family court to Supreme Court, indeed she did do once that and the supreme court sent it back to family court. She is again threatening to ask for a stay in family court and a trial in Supreme or Federal court. I guess she wants to wear me out . My question is for how long will family/federal circuit court allow this ping pong, when can i ask for a definitive action against her to stop this harassment?

AllForHer

23 July 2014
So, is your matter settled and now facing an appeals process, or is it still not determined?

whenwillthisend

6 June 2017
So, is your matter settled and now facing an appeals process, or is it still not determined?

It is still not determined with the Conciliation conference already derailed twice by the other party. We again have a date in a few months and she is again threatening that she will ask for a stay. The problem is , she is staying in the house mortgage free, rent free so the entire financial pressure is on me. Dragging the case is advantageous for her.

Rod

Lawyer
LawConnect (LawTap) Verified
27 May 2014
www.hutchinsonlegal.com.au
Time to stop being nice and letting her dictate the terms. Stop paying the mortgage. Stop paying rates and other bills. And you should be asking for costs each time she delays.

Possibly consider a move back in if there are no IVOs in place.