NSW Criminal Law - Charged for Sexual Assault - Appeal for Rehearing Case?

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

Lester Mills

5 September 2015
I had been charged with sexual assault in 2002 upon my stepdaughter that was under the age of 10. I pleaded not guilty. I served 5 years jail, and 16 years reporting, 6 to go.

My ex-wife of 2 years made the charges after I rang her in New Zealand whilst she and the 2 children from different fathers went on holiday in New Zealand. I told her I did not want to be married anymore. My Barrister representing me was in a hurry because he had to get to a murder trial in the country. They tried to plea bargain with me - I said no.

When the victim was interviewed by video there was collusion.
Did he do that?
Did he do that?
Did he do that?
or
Did he do that?
As a couple of policemen friends of mine said: you were stitched up as they called in the force.

When I came out of jail I did not have the money to do anything. After all these years I have saved nearly $60,000. I heard it costs a lot of money to even knock on the door of the court to have a case reheard.

I'm prepared to go for all. How can they remember their lies? Anyone has my permission to get my FOI papers.

I hope I can get some good old fighting criminal law information.

Cheers.

Lester Mills

5 September 2015
Can some one give me an idea if $60.000 could start an appeal? And who would be smart enough to see the holes in the F.O.I papers? It's worth it now I pleaded not guilty.

I have been trying to save for a small unit, but it was hard, because prices went up out of my reach every year. So I have to decided that maybe now I may be able to afford to pay for a retrial, seeing as I could never seem to save enough to buy a unit. So I decided to spend all my savings on a retrial.

Please help with info:

Bruce johnson

5 March 2016
As you said, you were found guilty by a jury of 12, convicted, so on what basis do you feel you are entitled to a re-trial?

Are you going to demand a retrial on every occasion that you get caught sexually assaulting children? I think your $60,000 would be better used being donated to a children's service to assist your victims with counselling.