Australia's #1 for Law

Join 11,000+ Australians. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!

Dismiss Notice
Hi Guest, Want peace of mind with personalised legal advice today? Visit LawTap to find the right Australian lawyer and book online instantly.

NSW Criminal Law - Charged for Sexual Assault - Appeal for Rehearing Case?

Discussion in 'Criminal Law Forum' started by Lester Mills, 5 September 2015.

1. Lester Mills

Lester Mills Member

I had been charged with sexual assault in 2002 upon my stepdaughter that was under the age of 10. I pleaded not guilty. I served 5 years jail, and 16 years reporting, 6 to go.

My ex-wife of 2 years made the charges after I rang her in New Zealand whilst she and the 2 children from different fathers went on holiday in New Zealand. I told her I did not want to be married anymore. My Barrister representing me was in a hurry because he had to get to a murder trial in the country. They tried to plea bargain with me - I said no.

When the victim was interviewed by video there was collusion.
    Did he do that?
    Did he do that?
    Did he do that?
    or
    Did he do that?
    As a couple of policemen friends of mine said: you were stitched up as they called in the force.

When I came out of jail I did not have the money to do anything. After all these years I have saved nearly $60,000. I heard it costs a lot of money to even knock on the door of the court to have a case reheard.

I'm prepared to go for all. How can they remember their lies? Anyone has my permission to get my FOI papers.

I hope I can get some good old fighting criminal law information.

Cheers.

2. Lester Mills

Lester Mills Member

Can some one give me an idea if $60.000 could start an appeal? And who would be smart enough to see the holes in the F.O.I papers? It's worth it now I pleaded not guilty.

I have been trying to save for a small unit, but it was hard, because prices went up out of my reach every year. So I have to decided that maybe now I may be able to afford to pay for a retrial, seeing as I could never seem to save enough to buy a unit. So I decided to spend all my savings on a retrial.

Please help with info:

3. Bruce johnson

Bruce johnson Member

As you said, you were found guilty by a jury of 12, convicted, so on what basis do you feel you are entitled to a re-trial?

Are you going to demand a retrial on every occasion that you get caught sexually assaulting children? I think your $60,000 would be better used being donated to a children's service to assist your victims with counselling.

4. Joseph Goebbels

You have already had an appeal on this. You lost.