Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

BlondCharlie

8 January 2022
Hello, I have an IVO placed on my ex partner. He has breeched this multiple times.
2 cases show up on EFAS, one I know about.
The other, involves the same officer who supported my IVO application but I’ve not been aware of this new court matter & additional date.

Hypothetically let’s say both are related to the breeches, how can I find out more information? I emailed the officer, no reply (not uncommon, I’ve emailed before RE the original IVO)

Can I email the court? Can I email after the hearing? Or before?

How can I find out if these things are regarding me, my safety and IVO? Thank you.

(I also realise it may be unrelated and therefor I’m not entitled to any information. Just if I am..)

Rod

Lawyer
LawConnect (LawTap) Verified
27 May 2014
www.hutchinsonlegal.com.au
If you are the victim the police are supposed to keep you notified and say what the charges are.

Otherwise if you still want to know, you can ask the court for the court link so you can attend the hearing.

Reactions: BlondCharlie

BlondCharlie

8 January 2022
Thank you. I’ve emailed the officer but no reply. I understand they’re under the pump so I won’t pester them. I might email the other officer (2 breeches) and ask if they can give details for both.
The court said I could email the prosecution officers at the court. I may attempt that.
Thank you for your reply.