WA Consequences of Breaching Interim Order?

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

Complex16

27 July 2016
I think so...

Look I have no legal background, have just been traversing the system for years as others here have.

But if it were me, here’s what I would do...

Research impacts on a child of exposure to meth. Print lots of material from reputable sources (not blogs). Go to mags court with the test results and apply for an intervention order. Smoking cigarettes around a child is an unacceptable risk of physical harm let alone meth.

Any evidence she uses? Make sure you have it. Present it.

Ask cops to do a welfare check, based on the test results they just might! Will only help your case and hey they might even apply for the intervention order on your behalf?

But what of your child in the meantime? I wouldn’t return him. You have serious, founded concerns for his health and safety. I would much rather have the judge tick me off for breaching an order than to have my child continue to be exposed to that environment.

But, I also understand the flip side despite not necessarily agreeing with it.

Like I said, rock and hard place. Give statement to the police they will give you a copy so you have a record. Mate get him out of there

Reactions: Lopy

sammy01

27 September 2015
Don't withhold your kid based on advice from punters here. Do it because someone with authority - Doctor, doc's etc, etc, told you to do it.

Hummingbird

1 August 2018
If you have the evidence of your child being exposed to drugs and your home has been cleared, get a solicitors advice and speak with the police/docs, get an intervention order and do it ASAP if you can before you are due to hand your child over. Get an order for the mother to be follicle tested. There is a serious risk to your child in returning them to the mother if she is abusing meth, now you have the proof of danger, get your orders and keep him safe. Even if she tries to breach you, if she does not submit to the drug testing she wont have a leg to stand on.

Reactions: Complex16