QLD Compulsory masks when have exemption

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

Dumbo

10 September 2021
I'm still waiting to see a first hand report of what the CHO supposedly said...

Seems to me, at least at the moment,
that you're looking for a fight that isn't there.
Or, isn't there yet.
Direction 4 is current - Hospital Entry Direction (No. 4) | Queensland Health
Direction 3 for designated covid hospitals of which we aren't one - Designated COVID-19 Hospital Network Direction (No. 3) | Queensland Health. And we are informed after COAG meetings of Hospital decisions.

Tim W

Lawyer
LawConnect (LawTap) Verified
28 April 2014
Sydney
Yes?
What part of that do you say has turned opinion into direction?
That is, has turned "should" into "must, regardless" ?

For example, how do you say that paragraph 11 is not just plain old WHS?

Dumbo

10 September 2021
Direction 4 is current - Hospital Entry Direction (No. 4) | Queensland Health
Direction 3 for designated covid hospitals of which we aren't one - Designated COVID-19 Hospital Network Direction (No. 3) | Queensland Health. And we are informed after COAG meetings of Hospital decisions.
So to qualify as WHS, this should then be presented as that and have no Covid-19 link. When you actually negatively impact on peoples health such as currently seen with some asthma suffers having to overuse their puffers because of mask mandates. That cannot be considered safe by any measure, work place or otherwise. When you impact negatively on someone's health and then punish them for having a condition that is being impacted by wearing a mask, how is that safe by any common sense measure???

Dumbo

10 September 2021
Yes to all the above, fully vaccinated, carry an exemption, and no have not yet used any sick leave as yet. All that counts for nothing in the eyes of Qld health though, they don't care.
Being told if you cannot wear a mask in the hospital you cannot be onsite, is pretty self explanatory. Pretty much like the mandated vaccines that have been rolled out, if health workers cannot prove full vaccination by a certain date, they will not be allowed back on site to work. That is the gist of it. Not picking a fight, finding out the legal pathways available if my health deteriorates because of the mask mandate so I don't end up jobless.

Rod

Lawyer
LawConnect (LawTap) Verified
27 May 2014
www.hutchinsonlegal.com.au
finding out the legal pathways available if my health deteriorates because of the mask mandate
You will likely have a WorkCover claim (or the Qld equivalent).