SA Children and bathing

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

Rod

Lawyer
LawConnect (LawTap) Verified
27 May 2014
www.hutchinsonlegal.com.au
Does the child have any kind of diagnosed disability that means the child is not capable of properly cleaning her parts without supervision and assistance?

If not, I agree 9 is too old.

Hard to know motives of the father. Some parents do not want to acknowledge their kids are getting older, some are sinister and need to be kept away from children. Similar to mothers who breastfeed well past 'community expectations'.

krylek

25 June 2015
Melbourne, Aus
Does the child have any kind of diagnosed disability that means the child is not capable of properly cleaning her parts without supervision and assistance?

Hard to know motives of the father. Some parents do not want to acknowledge their kids are getting older, some are sinister and need to be kept away from children. Similar to mothers who breastfeed well past 'community expectations'.

There is no way that cleaning a nine year old child's genitals can be comparable to a mother breastfeeding her child.
1. Breastfeeding is normal. The biological age of weaning is between two years and eight years. 'Community expectations'? Really? Breastfeeding your child is also a right that is protected by law.

2. Cleaning a nine year old child's genitals is not okay, especially a female child whose genitals are self cleansing. It is assault.

Your comparison is offensive, and devalues the impact that the nine year old child being sexually assaulted by her father will be suffering.

Kingkong

20 September 2019

There is a sister that is younger then this child and father doesn't shower and "clean" this child. Just the older one. She has nothing that stops her able to clean herself and she dose it herself when with her mother

Rod

Lawyer
LawConnect (LawTap) Verified
27 May 2014
www.hutchinsonlegal.com.au
Breastfeeding is normal.

Up to a certain age. I think breast feeding is an important part of a child's development.

I think washing a child is important.

Both however should stop once the child reaches the 'right age'. I'm no expert on where that age is and suspect it will vary for individual children.

And point taken about comparisons.

sammy01

27 September 2015
ok so in normal circumstances the answer is HELL NO. Not ok.

So the child is no longer seeing dad? Ok...

As far as court. I do believe the courts get it right. So lets think this through, Someone goes to court and wants 50/50 care. They don't get it... I leave the court pissed off. Human nature lends me to think that person will say the courts are corrupt / unfair / wrong.... But maybe 50/50 was just not in the best interest of the child according to all those experts. Doesn't change the fact that the person will blame the courts.

i do not think there would be many cases where a child was put into the care of someone who has been accussed of abuse. I do think there would be a hell of a lot more cases where one parent has made false accusation of domestic violence / abuse than cases where an abuser has been given 100% care

Reactions: Kingkong

Kingkong

20 September 2019
ok so in normal circumstances the answer is HELL NO. Not ok.

So the child is no longer seeing dad? Ok...

As far as court. I do believe the courts get it right. So lets think this through, Someone goes to court and wants 50/50 care. They don't get it... I leave the court pissed off. Human nature lends me to think that person will say the courts are corrupt / unfair / wrong.... But maybe 50/50 was just not in the best interest of the child according to all those experts. Doesn't change the fact that the person will blame the courts.

i do not think there would be many cases where a child was put into the care of someone who has been accussed of abuse. I do think there would be a hell of a lot more cases where one parent has made false accusation of domestic violence / abuse than cases where an abuser has been given 100% care
That makes sense. Thank you.
It is very confusing, the whole thing. I hope everything is look at and not just flicked over with the reports and investigations

Jackson8

21 September 2019
I'd be getting full sole custody, I would never ler a man shower my child's genitals not or girl, I just wouldn't let it happen

Reactions: Kingkong