QLD Child Safety is Keeping My Children Away from Me

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

Desperate mum

10 June 2016
Hi, the Department of Child Safety is using my anxiety against me to keep my children in foster care despite me having a full mental health assessment that states to reunify my children in my care.

The judge stated in court that I am a parent willing and able to care and protect my children and the department are to work with me to return my children within twelve months, but still haven't.

sammy01

27 September 2015
How long was it since the judge passed in the orders? The orders should have a time frame. What have you done as far as contacting Doc's regarding your case?

Desperate mum

10 June 2016
The Judge passed the orders in June 2015 only because the department tricked me into agreement of the orders promising reunification in 6-12 months, but they have made every excuse to not do it.

I have done everything, parenting courses, full mental health, and parenting capacity test, which states reunification is the best interests of my children. I have raised these issues but they keep moving the goal posts and change the reasons for my children not being home.

Freycinet

16 June 2016
Westerm Australia
Keep records of all your correspondence with them. Ensure after any phone conversations that you send an email asking for them to confirm what was discussed (particularly their expectations).

Re-read the judge's rulings. Ensure you are not missing any important wording that gives the Department rights beyond what your expect.

If all else fails, and you believe that you have fulfiled everything that is required of you then I'd suggest either a legal course or you could approach your local state MP to go into bat for you (or contact the minister for the Department).