VIC Changing interim orders at the first hearing

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

miguel

30 May 2018
Hello

I typed a fairly lengthy question below and forgot to ask why I came here in the first place.

The ex is denying access during school holidays despite a parenting plan saying I should get days. Can I ask the judge on the day to add an order saying the kids will spend the remainder of the holidays with me. Can I also ask for compensation due to previous denial, say the kids stay with me for the next 6 weekends?

Regards
M.

sammy01

27 September 2015
You can ask for make up time. But as the ex isn't actually breaching any court orders atm, I think you're best just asking for interim orders to start asap that give you half holidays and alternate weekends. IMO the courts think they are the most important thing here... Fail to comply with a parenting plan, so dad doesn't see the kids.. Not a big deal. Fail to comply with a court order so that dad doesn't see the kids - You'd better have a good excuse...

Keep it simple. Move forward not backward...

Nonfiction

17 May 2018
Victoria
Agree with sammy01...judging by your other post it seems to be only an issue of holiday time at the moment?... i.e. in the other thread you’ve said the weekend time and Wednesday have continued as per agreement (justs needs to be made into a consent order?)

miguel

30 May 2018
Hello, yes just holiday time is the issue.

I offered to develop consent orders a few months ago as her plan was to return to the waste of time known as FDR.

sammy01 - 'IMO the courts think they are the most important thing here...' - Can you please tell me what 'they' is.

Last edited: