NSW Car loan issues

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

NHk8

22 June 2020
In 2017 i got a car loan from car start for$7500. It was supposed to be for 3yrs last year I had to contact them over a payment that they claimed was missed but was only delayed due to a public holiday while on the phone I asked what was the balance due I was informed that is was still over 2yrs of payments and not missings any and that the loan had been extended until 2023 and that I am being charged 39% interest daily. I received nothing in writing about the changes to the original terms of the loan. My question is any of this legal. I am feeling like I am never going to get rid of this debt. What are my options?

Atticus

6 February 2019
My question is any of this legal. I am feeling like I am never going to get rid of this debt. What are my options?
Have a good look at your loan contract ... If you don't have it, ask the lender for a copy of the original.

If you can't get any clear answers from the lender re contract, call the financial complaints authority, explain the situation & see what they suggest >>>> Make a Complaint