WA Car Insurance - Right to More Than One Quote as Uninsured?

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

Cocko

17 April 2015
Should I expect 3 quotes from a car insurance company when I'm at fault? How do I challenge excessive repair costs without three quotes and what other legal implications and or difficulties, if any, does this bring up for the uninsured person dealing with an insurance company? Is the person at fault responsible for Taxi Demurrage, storage and yard fees, towing where the car can be driven, number of tows and what is reasonable in regards to towing rates?

So basically I'm an uninsured driver at fault in a collision with a taxi. I don't hear anything from taxi insurance company until six months after the collision I recieve a bill for all repairs, which includes towing from car accident site to tow depot, storage of taxi at tow depot for 2 days, yard fees and towing to repairer along with Taxi demurrage for lost shifts. As the person at fault I'm prepared to pay for the taxi to be fixed but it all seems a little strange how its being presented. Can anyone help out please?

Tim W

Lawyer
LawConnect (LawTap) Verified
28 April 2014
Sydney
It sounds simply like an itemised bill?