QLD Can you sue the Family Law Court for gross negligence?

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now
31 January 2024
Hi, newbie here so apologies in advance for any faux pas. So far, I haven't see this exact question raised/answered in this forum or anywhere else online... Can you sue the Family Law Courts for gross negligence in failing to protect a child? I am the (now-adult) child who underwent the custody process in Queensland, and my siblings and I were failed utterly by the Family Law Courts in the 90s and 2000s. I don't think it's appropriate to share details in a public forum and I wish to retain anonymity; but suffice to say, let's just assume for argument's sake that we truly, truly were failed to be protected from both parents, one far more than the other. There were criminal accusations made, and this was not adequately investigated. I'm talking zero. I also have grounds to believe that this failure is still continuing... like, if it were a 4-Corners episode, it would go viral and people would be outraged. Hypothetically, how would one go about legal proceedings to seek change in the system? True systemic changes, not a complaint being filed. I don't care about compensation... I just want go see things rectified and children being properly protected. Also, can we request our files as adults now? Any tips on starting points, resources, recommendations would be greatly appreciated. Thanks! :)