VIC Beneficiary - Accessing Late Mum's Financial Details?

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

unique

17 March 2019
If I have the energy to put into this, from the advice I have gleaned so far:
I need to apply to get my late mothers accounts audited
I would then put in a police report
From what I've heard, the police generally arent that interested in these matters

But it may help me to find some satisfaction and closure knowing at least I have filed a police report about this matter

Jac Rough

5 October 2019
Queensland
If I have the energy to put into this, from the advice I have gleaned so far:
I need to apply to get my late mothers accounts audited
I would then put in a police report
From what I've heard, the police generally arent that interested in these matters

But it may help me to find some satisfaction and closure knowing at least I have filed a police report about this matter
Wow, that's been a long process for you. Have you settled the estate yet?

unique

17 March 2019
oh yeh, the estate was settled last year
At the time I just wanted the estate settled as quickly as possible - one of the executors also threatened to contest the will unless I agreed to his terms. My lawyer advised me to agree, as he (my alwyer) said if I didn't, my mums estate would just get chewed up in legal fee's
I was very sick and unwell at the time and the emotional & physical cost was too high to fight it

I'm slowly fighting other battles - one of my mums bequests was for a church specifically "for work amongst new migrants to the area". This church has used her bequest for their manse renovations and surprise surprise, one of the executors is now living in it. Maybe they got "new migrants to the area" to do the renovations!