Australia's #1 for Law

Join 11,000+ Australians. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!

VIC Is There an Indemnity Form Template for Beneficiary?

Discussion in 'Wills and Estate Planning Law Forum' started by Joolz, 13 June 2016.

1. Joolz

Joolz Active Member

Hello everyone,

I am the executor of will for my late mother's deceased estate. Is there a standard template form that is available for use as an indemnity for a beneficiary to sign to agree with final expenses and final payment of the deceased estate?

I recently had to complete an indemnity form as a beneficiary to my late father's deceased estate.

Would a Vic statutory declaration suffice?

2. Rod

Rod Well-Known Member

Interesting. I'd not heard of beneficiaries having to sign an indemnity form. Are looking to release assets after a death certificate has been obtained and before probate is granted?

Once probate has been obtained I would have thought an indemnity form is not appropriate because the executor should be responsible for their actions in controlling other people's property and money.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Joolz

Joolz Active Member

Hi Rod,

Yes, I am looking to release assets in the form of cash post-probate granted to me as executor. State Trustees had me sign an indemnity form prior to me receiving my funds from my late father's estate just a few months ago. They were the executor for his estate as he did not leave a will.

Cheers