WA Being Sued - Defamation Act 2005

Discussion in 'Defamation Law Forum' started by Clara J, 12 September 2014.

1. Clara J

Clara J Well-Known Member

He sent through a concerns note from his lawyer asking for an apology to be placed on the same private facebook page. I refused to do that as the apology he requested wasn't true and had no relation to what I'd actually said. The comment on the page was deleted within hours of it being posted. I put in a complaint to the Consumer Protection and the next day the Writ of Summons was filed. Still WITHIN the 28 days hat I had to make amends.

2. Safety Rod

Safety Rod Well-Known Member

Legally, you don't need to do anything unless you are ordered to by a court. A sensible thing to do is what has been stated already and just defuse the situation. Your complaint to Consumer Protection has nothing to do with the other parties claim against you.

3. Clara J

No it doesn't but it's obviously rattled his cage which is why he filed the Writ. As far as I'm concerned I feel deeply frustrated about his behaviour towards us as honest, productive people. I've never been spoken to by a professional the way he spoke to me and feel like I'm stuck between a rock and a hard place. We paid for something we didn't get and are now being sued for having an honest, valid and justified opinion. The whole thing is a farce

4. Safety Rod

Safety Rod Well-Known Member

As far as I see, you are putting part of your defense to us. This is stuff you need to save for the court if you get that far.

5. Victoria S

Victoria S Well-Known Member

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  6. Clara J

I was seeking advice but now I'm concerned there are more people out there who are prepared to screw me over.