NSW avo against ex now she served 2

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now
28 July 2017
Hi so my ex assaulted me and the police placed an avo against her, question is can she serve me with a 21 day notice to vacate the house via email we rented together when im in possession of the house, in the avo she is not allowed near the property this has been to court twice so far with her failing to get access to the belongings

sammy01

27 September 2015
whose name is on the lease?
are you paying the rent?
She can ask you to vacate. Do you have to? not if your name is on the lease... BUT if she has a no communication order on the avo, then she could be in breach by emailing you.

Why not speak to the cops, ask them to contact her and organize a time for her to get her stuff. Mate I have had an avo against me... I could not go near my own house. The cops agreed to attend while I collected some stuff, but the ex had to agree. I had to make a list of the things I wanted and the ex had to agree. All fair and reasonable... When I realized my bike was not on the list, I ask to take it.. She said NO... She sold it on ebay instead.... That was a pretty nasty thing to do... What sort of person are you? same as my ex? I'll leave you to think about it...

28 July 2017
Hi so my ex assaulted me and the police placed an avo against her, question is can she serve me with a 21 day notice to vacate the house via email we rented together when im in possession of the house, in the avo she is not allowed near the property this has been to court twice so far with her failing to get access to the belongings
THANKS for your reply im happy to give her most of the things she requested under the proviso i can see my little girl and I've constantly been ignored, they chose to drag it to court so i wont be pushed around by her. 3 times she has requested a property recovery order and all been denied by the judge

28 July 2017
whose name is on the lease?
are you paying the rent?
She can ask you to vacate. Do you have to? not if your name is on the lease... BUT if she has a no communication order on the avo, then she could be in breach by emailing you.

Why not speak to the cops, ask them to contact her and organize a time for her to get her stuff. Mate I have had an avo against me... I could not go near my own house. The cops agreed to attend while I collected some stuff, but the ex had to agree. I had to make a list of the things I wanted and the ex had to agree. All fair and reasonable... When I realized my bike was not on the list, I ask to take it.. She said NO... She sold it on ebay instead.... That was a pretty nasty thing to do... What sort of person are you? same as my ex? I'll leave you to think about it...
Both names are on lease but only i have been paying it the last few months