Australia's #1 for Law

Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!

NSW Australian Consumer Law - Can I Sue My Doctor for Negligence?

Discussion in 'Australian Consumer Law Forum' started by ziane, 18 March 2016.

  1. ziane

    ziane Member

    18 March 2016
    Likes Received:
    On 29/10/2015, I have seen a specialist doctor (consultant gasteroenterologist), because I have a colon problem.

    He said that I had to take a camera colon capsule, in a private clinic which will cost me $600, but for free of charge, I would be able to have it in a public hospital for free. I needed to wait for 3 months, so I accept to do it for free in the public hospital.

    He said that I need to take a test at Auburn Hospital, so I waited until last week on 10/03/2016. I contacted Auburn Hospital to check on my listing but I was surprised when the nurse told me that the hospital does not have a camera colon capsule.

    So the next day I called the doctor but receptionist took my number and told me the doctor would contact me.

    Till now, I received no call from him. So I want to know, can I sue this doctor under Australian Consumer Law?
  2. AllForHer

    AllForHer Well-Known Member

    23 July 2014
    Likes Received:
    Short answer is no. The doctor hasn't breached the duty of care owed to you, nor has the alleged breach caused you any harm.
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...

Share This Page