NSW Assault-with an act of indecency

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

Aussieguru

18 October 2019
hi all, i just need advice
i was charged with this 13 years ago with the actual incident occurring 2 years prior to that. i recently applied for job as disability worker and had to get police check and had to get working with childrens check. it came back as failed. is their any way i can appeal against this decision as i cannot join my kids p&c at school either. please help.

Rod

Lawyer
LawConnect (LawTap) Verified
27 May 2014
www.hutchinsonlegal.com.au
I don't like your chances unless the charges do not relate to the offences listed in the Child Protection (Working with Children) Act 2012 (NSW)

What offences were you charged with? I'm after the offence number, not the name eg section 61B, 61C, 61D, 61E or 61F of the Crimes Act 1900.

Criminal history unfortunately includes all criminal charges, whether or not heard, proven, dismissed, withdrawn or discharged.

I think it is unfair and overreaction by pollies to have a such a wide scope. It is open to abuse by coppers wanting to get revenge/payback or help a friend gain the same result.

However, what I think doesn't change the law.