QLD Anyone had experience with expert witness evaluations?

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

Barry123

27 June 2021
Ok one more try. HAS ANYONE HAD SPECIFIC EXPEREINCE IN VALUATIONS OF A PROPRTY AND ABLE TO TELL ME IF THE COURT EXPERT VALUE IS MUCH DIFFERENT FROM REAL ESTATE VALUATIONS. The key words here are " has anyone had specific experience ?"

sammy01

27 September 2015
Real estate agents tend to over value. They want your business so they'll tell you that you're gonna get more so you sign up with them.
A bank valuation is more realistic.

Complex3

14 August 2021
I received an expert valuation and it feels as though they’re less than the market value in current times. We are using that valuation however as it was a court ordered valuation.

Complex3

14 August 2021
No trouble at all. I have had it appraised by a RE agent which is higher, but as I haven’t listed I couldn’t tell you if the value was accurate, but given the valuation is court ordered I would assume any private appraisal wouldn’t make a difference. I believe there may be a way to challenge valuations if any party so desired, but as I haven’t had to face that, I’m unsure if that’s 100% correct. Hopefully you get the outcome you’re looking for :)

Dpj

1 July 2020
Ok one more try. HAS ANYONE HAD SPECIFIC EXPEREINCE IN VALUATIONS OF A PROPRTY AND ABLE TO TELL ME IF THE COURT EXPERT VALUE IS MUCH DIFFERENT FROM REAL ESTATE VALUATIONS. The key words here are " has anyone had specific experience ?"
I had 5 properties valued by court appointed valiers. 4x cheapies (<$200k) in Adelaide - valuer was on the low side (slightly less than bank). Then a house in inner Melbourne. 3x bank valuations a month before court appointed valuer were 15% lower. Court valuer way over valued and used bad comparisons. So it can go both ways. I wrote a reply in your other post. Start doubting the property.