NSW Access To tenant's initial tenacy application

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

Anon245519

15 August 2021
Hi thanks for your response. We do have an agreement its the ID that the agent sought to satisfy the us that we never saw. Yes the agent is a big problem but so is the ex tenant.

457Visafraud

16 April 2017
You got the ID, too late and not very important right now since the tenant fled and you don't have their residence address.
And you don't follow up with questions so how do you pretend people try to help?

Anon245519

15 August 2021
Thankyou for your comment. I have just looked at the lease and where the contact details should be for the tenant its blank.

457Visafraud

16 April 2017
I allege that the agent was the one who used the house for its own profit, he/she rented the house for parties and weekends and made much more profit than a 7-10% rent's income, the agent is the one who has to pay for everything.
Take photos, keep record of everything, make a real cost of all the damages including lost rent and loss of property's value.
Do you have landlord insurance?

Rod

Lawyer
LawConnect (LawTap) Verified
27 May 2014
www.hutchinsonlegal.com.au
Unfortunately in Australia (yes very unfortunate) there is NO consumer body that deals with real estate agents complaints
Not true. NSW: Office of Fair Trading.

I have just looked at the lease and where the contact details should be for the tenant its blank.
Hmm, potential fraud by the agents, certainly mismanagement.

I'd go around and see the agent and suggest they either give you the tenants details right there and then OR pay you money, else you will lodge a complaint, and a NCAT application against them for misleading conduct. You likely have other actions as well.

Tim W

Lawyer
28 April 2014
Sydney
And be sure to speak to the Agent Principal (that is, the boss),
and not just some over officious junior clerk

Tim W

Lawyer
28 April 2014
Sydney
Indeed you are.
Are you going to join them in one matter?
Or go each one separately?

Anon245519

15 August 2021
So the next issue is NCAT has written to me and told me that without their new address NCAT can cancel the hearing. Despite me providing their email,mobile, and workplace address to NCAT. Any ideas how I get their new address.