NSW Sued Real Estate - Residential Lease

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

Rinello

24 January 2023
Hi everyone,
A real estate agent has arranged for me to rent a granny flat. The real estate lied to me, and they even lied on the lease contract.
The house in front of me is falling down, it is not liveable (no one told me that), and I do not have access to it (for example, a hot water boiler).
I do not have a separate meter, and they want me to use the one in the main house, even if lights, alarms, etc. are still on, even though clearly the lease states the opposite, must be separeted.
Landlord details in the contract are very "shady." As a name, there is a company name that I can't find; as a phone number, there is the agent number; and as an address, it is blank. (The lease states must include landlord details)
There is no smoke alarm in the flat (in the lease, they wrote yes), but I did instal it.
I don't have any condition reports or a separate address from the main house.
My only entrance is an electrical garage, and in case of a fire, I'm trapped.
They are very abusive, and already two groups of tenants have had to run away. I did contact them, and they are willing to be witnesses.
I know I can go to NCAT and break the lease and get some money, but to be honest, I don't care about money. These people have to liable because they abuse poor people, make them rent a flat not suitable for living, and lie on contracts.
I can't believe NCAT will only give you your money back and not make them liable for what they do with serious repercussions.
I just outlined a few issues.

What I'm looking for is to sued them or do anything to stop them.

I can move out and get my money back if I go to NCAT. Technically I'll be homeless until I find a place, they should pay for that and they should be punish to rent not a liveable place and keep kicking people out and replace with new one.