QLD Won $2 Million but Lost my Ticket - Any Chance to Get Back?

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

John R

14 April 2014
Sydney
Hi @noillim,
A lotto ticket? Are you able to provide more information about the ticket and how you won and lost it?

Reactions: noillim

Toqual

10 July 2014
Presuming it was a NSW Lotteries Lotto ticket, was it registered on a Player Card or unregistered?

Provided the ticket was registered, you should call NSW Lotteries on 131 868 and prepare to provide your Player Card information. If however the ticket was unregistered, you will need to complete the Lost/Damaged Ticket Search then mail the form to:
NSW Lotteries Corporation Limited
PLAYER SERVICES
PO Box 6687
Silverwater NSW 2128

For more information please click here. Hopefully you were referring to NSW Lotteries.

Reactions: noillim and John R

noillim

8 January 2015
cairns and nsw
Hi @noillim,
A lotto ticket? Are you able to provide more information about the ticket and how you won and lost it?
Yes. It was won and lost in QLD. I did go through Golden Casket who also made errors and I do know that based on their information, they did not really search my info. Then I believe I was investigated by the Department of Justice and basically no one really. Although the Justice Dept took me seriously, there is some missing information and I believe this is why I cannot get answers as in -Did anyone view the surveillance here? I know of some facts that I want to prove myself by catching some people out on. I am trying the ombudsman, but am still waiting to hear a final answer from the QLD Justice Department who seem to not want to answer me. Bit of a s**t fight. I'm hoping I get my winnings, but may not. I have been told register and then no problem.

I even asked Ita Buttrose (as I went to Studio 10 where she is every morning) could she help. All she could help me with was this LawAnswers forum and Legal Aid. At least she gave me time of day. In QLD, you have seven years in which to claim winnings. The laws are more relaxed and a man claimed $23.7 million I believe without a ticket. So it can be done, but I do need help and am willing from the winnings to pay someone a substantial amount for services, but just can't afford anyone right now. I have two sick parents and a son who is recovering from a major trauma so I am stuck and right now away from my home. I would love to get in contact with the guy who got his big winnings - his win involved forensic accountants, time trials and surveillance. This is what I am interested in as I know my numbers.

Toqual

10 July 2014
Queensland? When you asked your question you selected NSW. All the information in my post is NSW specific.

noillim

8 January 2015
cairns and nsw
and thanks for your getting back to me it was actually in Queensland but I am in NSW, be home soon. 2 clairvoyants without any prompting have said i will find ticket even where-first time I ever indulged my fantasies but I was so stressed; when dealing with Golden Casket although the draw was the same draw they did a search but I am still not so sure.

They said thank you for you payment as you have to pay and I had no money in my account they even referenced the wrong draw-when I went to do another search they said they had already done one and referred me then to the justice department - really bit of a same deal just a front sort of thing but I do not believe for some reason that anyone really did a search especially as I keep running through the even of buying ticket and my son was there and the numbers -did not ever think I would win and now this happened.

I am sure it has happened to lots of others maybe not for such substantial amounts though

noillim

8 January 2015
cairns and nsw
Just writing whilst tired and nearly in dark but still trying to prove my lotto win.

I ended up contacting who you said turns out they are the same body just different names and states but same draw-tired now my car has broken down wish I had not lost ticket but now also I know that in the newsagent there was no surveillance-sorry again as when

noillim

8 January 2015
cairns and nsw
Just writing whilst tired and nearly in dark but still trying to prove my lotto win.

I ended up contacting who you said turns out they are the same body just different names and states but same draw-tired now my car has broken down wish I had not lost ticket but now also I know that in the newsagent there was no surveillance-sorry again as when

It's me again, the person that lost the 2 million-dollar winning lotto ticket from today and it's my parent's 55th wedding anniversary. I have five years to prove my claim. Anyone know any lawyers that may be able to help?

I am willing if the win is proven, to give half for the help. Otherwise, I may never claim it. I can only, otherwise, try things like clairvoyants, try and get a private lie detector test done and I may try universities that may play with forensics