QLD Where to Bring Evidence on False Claims of Domestic Violence?

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

Dwayne Harry

13 November 2015
I was charged and convicted of Domestic Violence as the Police and the Court believed my wife's lies. I now have indisputable evidence that proves she is liar as she has had me charged with breaches of the DVO which I can prove are complete lies.

Question:

I am due to face court for the alleged breaches in three weeks time. Should I be going to the Police now with the evidence or should I retain a Lawyer, wait and present the evidence in court?

I am fairly confident she will not attend court on the day of the hearing, so would it then have to be adjourned for her to attend and answer to her false claims?

Gorodetsky

21 February 2016
Hi Dwayne Harry,

I'm not a solicitor, OK?

I'm confused. You were charged, then convicted? But you are going to court in 3 weeks? What for? sentencing?

That's bad. It's a lot of hassle to quash/reverse a conviction. You should have presented the evidence at the hearing/trial.

If that's were you are at, I reckon you'll need a solicitor. And your evidence will need to be really good.

Regards

Dwayne Harry

13 November 2015
Hi Dwayne Harry,

I'm not a solicitor, OK?

I'm confused. You were charged, then convicted? But you are going to court in 3 weeks? What for? sentencing?

That's bad. It's a lot of hassle to quash/reverse a conviction. You should have presented the evidence at the hearing/trial.

If that's were you are at, I reckon you'll need a solicitor. And your evidence will need to be really good.

Regards
Hi Gorodetsky,
I was found guilty of Domestic Violence against my wife. It basically came down to her word against mine and the Court, unfortunately, believed her lies.

Since being found guilty, I have been charged again with breaches of the DVO. I now have the unquestionable evidence (only recently obtained) which proves that the charge of breaches are a complete lie.

My hearing for the alleged breaches is in a couple of weeks.

I have also, as of this afternoon, retained a lawyer whom I am meeting with this coming Monday.

Gorodetsky

21 February 2016
Hi Dwayne Harry,

You got a solicitor. Good, they usually have some experience and skills drawing out and demonstrating lies.

Sometimes us normal folk, don't do it do well, even with unquestionable evidence.

Regards,