NSW What Traffic Law Offences Have Been Committed?

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

Nemesis

2 October 2016
A (possibly unlicensed) male motorcyclist drove up and down our local street (with a 50km/h limit) on an unregistered bike in a very dangerous manner, clearly speeding excessively while also doing "wheelies", all while not wearing a helmet.

But most troubling was that there was a young girl (about 6 or 7) seated behind him, hanging on as tightly as she could but she was not restrained in any way and was also not wearing a helmet.

Other than the obvious numerous driving offences, would this be classified as "reckless endangerment of a child" and, if so, what would be the range of penalties, punishments etc.? What other traffic law offences could have been committed here?

I have a video of the entire incident and feel I need to take action to protect the child and prevent this cowboy from ever risking the life of any child again.

Rod

Lawyer
LawConnect (LawTap) Verified
27 May 2014
www.hutchinsonlegal.com.au
That is up to the police to work out.

All you can do is either report it to the police or make a citizen's arrest (which I don't recommend). If making a citizen's arrest you don't charge them anyway.

Tim W

Lawyer
LawConnect (LawTap) Verified
28 April 2014
Sydney
Hand the video over to the police.
Make a formal statement about what you have seen and who you think the offender is.

Then, butt out.
Understand that the police are not required to notifiy you of any action they take, or don't take.

Going by your earlier posts on here, if you get any more involved,
then you are probably going to find yourself either in (further) trouble with the law,
being assaulted, or the vicitm of future property crime.
All of which you can avoid by minding your own business.