- Australia's #1 Legal Community is a community of 10,000+ Australians, just like you, helping each other.
Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
Join us, it only takes a minute:

NSW What Traffic Law Offences Have Been Committed?

Discussion in 'Traffic Law Forum' started by Nemesis, 2 October 2016.

Find a Lawyer Form
Find a Lawyer Form
Find a Lawyer Form
  1. Nemesis

Nemesis New Member

2 October 2016
    A (possibly unlicensed) male motorcyclist drove up and down our local street (with a 50km/h limit) on an unregistered bike in a very dangerous manner, clearly speeding excessively while also doing "wheelies", all while not wearing a helmet.

But most troubling was that there was a young girl (about 6 or 7) seated behind him, hanging on as tightly as she could but she was not restrained in any way and was also not wearing a helmet.

Other than the obvious numerous driving offences, would this be classified as "reckless endangerment of a child" and, if so, what would be the range of penalties, punishments etc.? What other traffic law offences could have been committed here?

I have a video of the entire incident and feel I need to take action to protect the child and prevent this cowboy from ever risking the life of any child again.
  2. Rod

Rod Well-Known Member

27 May 2014

All you can do is either report it to the police or make a citizen's arrest (which I don't recommend). If making a citizen's arrest you don't charge them anyway.