QLD What is the process for an executor in Queensland to stop doing the job?

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now
14 February 2023
If there are two executors in place and the first will not do the job anymore, saying they "are stepping down", and it goes to the second by default, what happens if they then also do not wish to to do the job. It is my belief that if neither executor wishes to continue their duties as the executor then they both have to request the high court of Queensland to let them out of the job due to a reason the court finds to be acceptable, IE; health, job commitments ETC.
If this question is clear as mud I can elaborate to a degree but I have to say I have been told by everybody I have asked so far that in order to answer this question I am requesting legal advice, whereas I genuinely consider it a matter of wanting to know what is the chain of events leading to a particular outcome. Unless I am giving specifics and names, dates and places then surely it is not legal advice to tell me how something takes place in an official capacity?

Hopefully this is not too many questions or too confusing and my most sincere thanks to anybody that can help me as I do not wish for anybody who is not aware of how being an executor works to get into financial trouble.