NSW Mazda BT-50 2012 Dealership

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

NadS-0

7 July 2022
I brought this vehicle (Mazda BT-50 2012) on 30/12/2021 from a dealership. I was given a pink slip and full service and told that the car was in working
condition, I was also given a warranty for the vehicle. I used the car for 4 days, it stopped in the middle of the road so I took it to my local mechanic. He inspected it and found many error codes with the vehicle as stated in his report. He told me the car was not allowed to be driven on the road due to all these faults. I made a claim with the insurance company and sent the mechanic's report with the issues listed. The insurance company replied that they only provide $1000 for each claim. My mechanic was paid the $1000 from the insurance company and I was required to pay the remaining $2132 for the repairs. When the car was fixed I drove the car for a day before it stopped again, now I have been told that the car needs a new engine to be in driving condition or for repairs to be carried out. I have driven the vehicle less than 1500km over the past 6 months, this distance was driven predominantly between my house and the mechanic. I have reports and receipts available from the dealer and my mechanic which support what I have stated so I submitted my case to a tribunal in an attempt to have the dealership fix my car. In the first hearing, the judge was supportive of my claim however, a judge in the second hearing dismissed my case. When I first contacted the dealerships they insisted that I need to transfer my car from my place back to the dealership and cover the cost, this would have cost over 500 dollars and I did not trust the dealership as they had previously given me a faulty car and said that the warranty would not cover the repairs however they did when I contacted them. As such, I was happy to pay and fix the car however it currently needs more repairs from the previous error codes and I have been told it would be cheaper to replace it with a used engine. I am unsure what to do as the dealership is insisting that they will not do anything and are not responsible for fixing my vehicle considering my mechanic carried out some repairs.