Use of my diversion record.

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now


Well-Known Member
22 June 2017
I received a diversion from the Melbourne Magistrates Court and had to pay a $100 fine for a minor unintentional breach of an intervention order. I was represented by a lawyer and was told that the offence I committed was against the statute and not against the family member , my brother, who took out the intervention order against me.

My brother therefore did not have to be consulted to consent to the diversion conditions. I was also told that as the offence was against the statute no one could get a copy from the court of the diversion record.

I have since found that my friends and business associates have been recieving emails from my brother with a copy of the diversion issued by the Melbourne Magistrates Court attached.

Can my brother do this?
How can the Melbourne Magistrates Court issue copies of my history without my consent?