VIC Undercharged(?) by Real Estate agent

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

Hammojo2097

12 July 2021
Hi there,

I recently sold a property and had the remainder of the deposit returned to me. The invoice I received did not clearly break down the costs. With numbers in excess of $12k listed simply as "general expenses". When I queried these costs the real estate agency came back to me with invoices to them from third parties (works done to house and styling) stating they had made an error and not included this in the original invoice. However I am still unable to reconcile these with the agents invoice to me. Being that I am unable to reconcile the costs they have missed with their invoice and that they still wont explain the breakdown of their original invoice, am I obliged to pay?

Tim W

Lawyer
LawConnect (LawTap) Verified
28 April 2014
Sydney
The only way to deal with real estate agents is to strangle their money supply.

Your position is this: You'll pay the contractually obliged amount - once - and not until - the correct dollar amount is calculated.

Reactions: Hammojo2097

Hammojo2097

12 July 2021
The only way to deal with real estate agents is to strangle their money supply.

Your position is this: You'll pay the contractually obliged amount - once - and not until - the correct dollar amount is calculated.
Thanks heaps Tim. Excellent advice